Saturday 6 August 2011

Moving on - Kayleigh

I'd like to say i'd be your shoulder to cry on
But I really have to doubt,
Where all the changes have placed us
That you'd even be about.

I'd like to say you're the only one,
To whom I can open up my soul,
But the fact is lately things have changed
And from us our friendship has been stole.

There was a time I was your shoulder
And in return you were mine too,
Those years, are lives, nearly forgot
Your fault, you changed, it was you!

Our souls were once a story,
That to each other we would teach,
But now i'm here, you've left me,
And you're gone you're out of reach.

Written By Gemma Davenport

2003/2004

Explanation

This was written by my best friend when i'd moved away from my mum's and hardly ever went to see my friend, not realising she felt this way until I read her poem and felt guilty/upset that i'd caused her to feel this way. She wrote this because we were close and lived by each other for the majority of our lives and went from seeing each other nearly every day to hardly ever. This is a truly magnificent poem and a true work of art, I also realise it took a lot to write what she did and that even if she was jealous of me moving it was because she wanted to move herself and start her own path. Until the last couple of years we made the effort to see each other more, we are childhood friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment