Friday 22 July 2011

Wants and Needs

I have often sat here and thought,
About the life I lead,
About the things that I want most,
What I most need,

I found that I asked more questions,
That it just brought on more thought,
Never answering these questions,
Never getting to sort,

Out these feelings deep inside,
Taking control of me,
Never letting me find the answer,
Never letting me be free,

The things I need have to wait,
And remain wants instead,
Because I keep thinking about and confusing them,
And letting them spin round my head,

It's hard to know how to solve this,
As it's never just black and white,
It's all of the colours in-between,
It's always, always a big fight,

A fight between heart and mind,
Between knowing what is and is not true,
No matter how hard we search to find the answer,
The answer only lays inside of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment